- I didn't like adults who talked down on you, simply because you are a kid. A patronising tone that says "I am older, have seen the stars and the sun before you; therefore, I know better"
- Adults who say "Chhooo cute" and pinch your cheeks hard (don't they know that kids can feel pain?)
- Adults who'd call you into the living room to have you recite nursery rhymes in front of their friends
- Having to take afternoon naps just because you are a kid and because it's supposed to be good for you
- Having to say namaste to those horrid unclejis and auntyjis who talk down on you anyway
- Having to tolerate stupid comments like, "You are actually my kid, and you are going to stay in my family from today." Well, I guess the adults get a kick out of seeing the look of alarm on a kid's face at this. But what a horrid thing to say! Ugh!
Monday, March 2, 2009
What I didn't like as a kid... and still don't
I have been a pretty opinionated kid as far back as I can remember, and there are quite a few things I didn't like at all. My pet peeves, as I would call them, are listed here in random order.